Wednesday, January 13, 2010

PERSEVERE PERSEVERE PERSEVERE...

Good Morning Ladies,

this word PERSEVERE has been hitting me in the face everyday since 2010 began. Not really knowing why, but I knew that I knew that God had a reason for that word. Before I could really write on this word, i wanted the TRUE meaning of it...So, I went to the dictionary online (thank goodness for GOOGLE) LOL...and these are the definitions I found....

PERSEVERE- TO PERSIST IN SOMETHING, REMAIN CONSTANT AND STEADFAST TO A PURPOSE, TO AN IDEA OR TASK, IN THE FACE OF OBSTACLES OR DISCOURAGEMENT. REFUSE TO STOP....

I LOVE THIS ONE DEFINITION: HANG IN, HANG ON, HOLD ON....This goes right along with JOYCE MEYERS "LEAVE IT, DROP IT, LET IT GO" from her NEVER GIVE UP BOOK (I highly recommend reading this book).

Little did I know in the coming days ahead, that God was actually PREPARING me that I will need to PERSEVERE, but not to PERSEVERE with MAN...but, to PERSEVERE WITH MY FATHER, MY SAVIOR, MY CONSTANT COMPANION. CONSTANT (hmm thats in one of the definitions). Interesting dont you think?

Oh how the Devil hates when things are going SMOOTH.....He tries to kill steal and destroy whateva is good in your path....He will try ANYTHING....Thats where PESEVERE and PERSERVERANCE come in.

People will come and say horrible things to you and about you. Their tongues are not their own. The Devil has gotten a hold of them. And then that makes him happy for awhile. Until the person who was the "victim" says "NO" Devil you wont get the best of this situation. SO there we go, WE JUST PESEVERED PERSEVERED PERSEVERED. We remained steadfast and constant that this situation was not going to get the better of us. WE HUNG IN, HUNG ON AND HELD ON, with God by our side. Because we do not PERSEVERE on OUR OWN...ITs thru our RELATIONSHIP with GOD that gets us thru these times.

When I reflect about what has been going on in my life over the past year (and its only briefly), that I know I have PERSEVERED. I have remained CONSTANT and STEADFAST in my Love for the Lord, leaning on him in ALL situtions, during times of discouragement and hitting those obstacles and road blocks. Its during these times that HE, MY FATHER, MY DADDY is right beside me, guiding me and leading me and when things get really tough, thats when HE IS CARRYING ME.....

Just very recently, my husband and I were hit with a very hard ball....I felt as if my whole life was coming crashing down on us....I thought we were about to lose everything. For the first time in a long time, I CRASHED. I cried uncontrollably.....there was no consoling me for awhile. Then I got angry. I started yelling at the top of my lungs DEVIL YOU DO NOT HAVE AUTHORITY OVER THIS SITUATION OR ANY SITUATION....MY FATHER, IS BIGGER THAN YOU AND WE CLAIM RIGHT NOW IN THE NAME OF JESUS, SATAN YOU ARE UNDER MY FEET, YOU ARE UNDER THE FEET OF MY HUSBAND, YOU HAVE NO AUTHORITY IN OUR LIVES. NO WEAPON AGAINST US SHALL PROSPER....and as I was yelling this, A wave of peace came over me. I felt the HOLY SPIRIT and the LORDS PRESENCE sooo vividly.....I could feel my DADDYS arms around me and telling me "You my child, are precious to me. I am with you today and always. Just lean on me, do not lean upon yourself, just give your burdens to me. I will make everything right. You have obeyed me when I have tested you. You have shown me that you are a faithful and loving servant. I will carry you and yours during these times and tribulations. Just LEAN ON ME." these are the words that God told me during all this. And as I laid my weary head on my pillow, i felt true peace that EVERYTHING WAS GOING TO BE OK, because I have MY FATHER and I PERSEVERED PERSERVERED PERSEVERED.....

I encourage you, that if you are going thru something and most of us are, I just cant stress it enough, PERSEVERE PERSEVERE PERSEVERE....PRESS ON, HANG IN, HANG ON AND HOLD ON....Rely on The Lord in ALL things....Do not rely on your own understanding.

LUKE 37:1 "For with God all things will be possible."

I have a wonderful book from one of our Women Ministry Speakers/Leader its called "Quiet Places, Where The Father Speaks" it is written by Sandy Phinazee it is a 31 Day Womens Devotional and on Day 11 she wrote as if Jesus was talking "So, now, my daughter, wash your face, walk with your head held high and know that as long as you are submitted to Me, you have nothing to fear or dread." How comforting are these words. All we have to do is submit ourselves to HIM. HE makes it so easy.

I leave these words for you today....that they may encourage you and speak into your heart. If you know someone who is going thru something, speak to them, pray for them, ask them if there is anything you can do for them or just hug them and tell them "With God all things are possible."

I love you all.....Thank you to all my friends who have been praying for me and for my husband Carl. Also please just pray for a miracle of healing in my body also....Thats a whole other topic. LOL.....Thank you LaDonna for always being there for me when i need to talk. Deborah for praying with me yesterday when I was at my lowest point. To all my ECM sista's thank you for your prayers also....They all mean so much....

I leave you with this:

Luke 37:1 :For with God all things are possible."

I am but the clay.....
I give MY LIFE to the POTTERS HAND....

In Gods Love
Cindy

P.S. LaDonna spoke last night at Abundant Life in Punta Gorda, and she referred to this part of the book...I forgot to mention that.....

2 comments:

LaDonna said...

Cindy,
That is a word that God has given me these year as well. Perservere.

As I was sharing with the ladies at Abundant Life-I struggled with two different days in Sandy Phinazee's book to share with them. Day 11 as you mentioned really stood out to me which was Monday and this is before I knew anything about your situation.

God is good and brings confirmation to our lives.

Let's all perservere in this new year!

Cindy said...

AMEN!!!! I forgot to add on my blog about you spoke last night....sorry....